An award for blogging ?? Never really thought of that !! Thank you Rubina Ramesh for nominating me for the Leibster Blog Award. Well, I am pretty excited. I feel like am on cloud 9 🙂
The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers. It is passed from person to person to encourage and support each other, and help discover upcoming bloggers.
Guidelines for the award post:
1. Post 11 facts about self.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by your awarder.
3. Nominate/award 5-11 bloggers you find deserving and probably have less than 1000 followers.
4. Tell them that they have been tagged by you.
5. Include the image of the award in your page.
Here are 11 (well-known, I think, though you might think otherwise ) facts about me :
(1) I have an imaginary world.
(2) My 1st crush was Flash Gordon (of Defenders Of The Earth) and I still love him . 😀
(3) I don’t like typing and prefer to write on paper.
(4) I love pens and stationeries and whenever I am upset, I buy them and feel happy.
(5) I am a big foodie and enjoy trying out new recipes.
(6) I love to travel and sometimes I wish to get lost somewhere.
(7) I love to sing but only in front of close friends.
(8) I prefer books to dresses. I even bought a number of books with the money ( for buying clothes ) I got from relatives for Durga Pujo this year. The consequence was not that great . 😛 😀
(9) I enjoy long walks alone and sometimes, eavesdropping too 😛 😀
(10) I become hyper at times.
(11) I have lots of plots for novels in my mind but they are still sleeping there. Could not get the ‘ ink prince ‘ to come and wake them up from their sleep . 😛 😀
Here is Rubina Ramesh’s set of questions which I have answered :
1.What made you take up blogging? Who introduced you to the world of blogging ?
Ans. Blog is an easily accessible social media where one can express her thoughts. It is very difficult for budding writers to get published and reach out to people. Blogs help aspiring writers like us by providing a platform where we can share our thoughts with people around us and also get feedbacks . Hence, I took up blogging.
I was introduced to the world of blogging by an admirer when I was a fresher in college. He proposed me by creating a blog for me where he wrote a poem about me and even drew a sketch of mine.
2. One writer whose book you would want to review because you love?
Ans. Salman Rushdie, of course.
3. One writer who inspires you to pick up the pen or keyboard?
Ans. There are too many on the list . However , my first inspiration was my uncle , Sri Souren Dutta, who was a writer and a translator. We lived in the same house and I spent my childhood with him.
4. Besides reading and writing, what is your favorite pass time ?
Ans. I enjoy cooking, specially experimenting with ingredients. I even have a food blog.
5. The silliest mistake you have done while blogging ?
Ans. Well, published an article without title. Thank God , blog provides ‘edit ‘ option. 😛 😀
6. How do you come to know about the technical part of blogging ? ( eg, the softwares you use, etc )
Ans. I was forced to take up science in my high school and I hated everything except Computer Science. When I started blogging from my under grad days of college, I found my little knowledge of computer science , pretty useful and learnt using the softwares by trial- and – error method.
7. What do you hate about blogging ?
Ans. Well, this one is pretty tough to answer. Umm… when the internet speed slows down, it becomes difficult to work on the blog, specially at times when you are engrossed with your article.
8. Would you prefer a niche blog or a general blog?
Ans. A niche , of course.
9. Do you think a blogger naturally turns towards fiction or non-fiction?
Ans. Well, it depends.
10. Do you think great books make great movies?
Ans. Of course not. When a print media is converted to visual media, lots of constraints enter the scenario . It depends on how the director and his team work on the book. So, a good book may or may not make a good movie .
11. Quote an opening line from the book you are currently reading .
Ans. “ We were waiting at the JFK International Airport, Tits and I, for a flight back home to Calcutta “.
(The Ekkos Clan, written by Sudipto Das).
My set of Questions are :
1. What do you prefer ? Blogging or writing on paper?
2. How many blogs do you have ?
3. What genre(s) you write and intend to write ?
4. Have you ever deleted a reader’s comment from your blog ? If so, why ?
5. Why do you blog ?
6. Do you have fascination for fancy bookmarks? How often do you buy them ?
7. Given an option, which one would you buy and why ? (a) A very pretty writing pad . (b) A white board.
8. Apart from reading and writing, what do you like to do ?
9. How often do you use ‘ skype ‘ or other ‘video’ chat ‘ applications ?
10. Name the book of your favorite author which you ‘ did not ‘ like and felt that ‘ it could have been better’.
11. Quote a line from story/poem / novel you are currently writing and have not published anywhere ( not even in your blog ).
I nominate Ujan Mukhopadhyay, Ankan Sarkar, Debraj Moulick, Paushali De Roy, Kanad Basu for the Leibster Blog Award. Enjoy 🙂